Sunday, April 20, 2008

Rockin' the 'Couve

Greetings.

It's kind of a weird night, tonight. The date on this post will read April 20th, because at present it's about 1:10am, but to me it's still the night of April 19th. I just got back to my hotel room here in Vancouver, Wa, and the Jack N' Coke is really starting to catch up to me. One of my bands just finished playing a great rock show down here, and I met up with some old friends, which is always cause for an abundance of drinking. I ended up walking back to my hotel, trying to get directions the entire way from some other friends of mine back home who, incidentally, are just as drunk as I am at this point, and were looking on Mapquest for me. Well, a couple of wrong turns later, I finally made it.

I love this shit. It's an adventure. I'm so glad that I decided to fly down here this weekend and play this show. I wasn't going to at first. It is my birthday weekend, and I didn't really want to spend it in the Portland metro area, but the boys in the band said "We'll take all of your shit down there with us and get you a plane ticket to fly down Saturday night and back Sunday morning." How can I pass that up? I will literally be here less than 24 hours. Anyway, it was a great show. We played better than we have in a long time. The club was good. The crowd was good, and the drinks were good. The only downside to the whole evening is that the other band I play in did a show without me in Moscow, ID tonight.

This isn't really a downside because they played without me. It's a downside because the only reason they agreed to do the show was because it was a contest for a spot on a pretty high profile music festival down there, and the promoters (after hearing our CD) told us that we were pretty much a "shoe in" to win one of the spots. After hearing this, our drummer proposed the idea to have our rhythm guitarist take over my lead vocal duties and have another guitar player come along to take care of the lead guitar parts so that we could have the opportunity to play this festival. I was all for it. Alas, I found out after my show tonight that, while they played well, they did not win one of the spots up for grabs. Oh well, at least it wont blemish our perfect record of not winning any contests that we enter. It's ok, though. I got to have a lot of Jack and Coke, and play a great show with my other band, and they all had a good time playing.

All in all a great weekend so far. Tomorrow, I am going to go see the Pink Floyd Experience. I am very much looking forward to that. I will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks for reading, and as always...

I am the Reverend Humpy and I have approved this message.

3 comments:

Dustin said...

Sounds like a fucking rock star weekend to me.

Unknown said...

I'm happy that you had a good alcohol induced weekend. Wanted to wish you a happy birthday! Miss you guys and much love!

Problem Child said...

Happy Birthday, Reverend!!!

Heres to a year of love, positive vibes and success.

Had fun this weekend. We need to do that more often!

T