Friday, September 19, 2008

Death Magnetic

Greetings,

If anybody cares or even reads this blog anymore, and if anyone who might be reading this is a fan of heavy metal music, I would recommend picking up the new Metallica album, Death Magnetic.

Metallica did a lot to shape my life as a musician, and after 1996, they went into a 12 year drought. I am happy to say, however, that with the release of this album, they have officially remembered that they are a HEAVY METAL band. It's truly a masterpiece.

I am the Reverend Humpy and I have approved this message.

4 comments:

Dustin said...

Like, honestly? Cause I'm not gonna buy it if it's just slightly better than fracking Load, Reload, and St. Anger. I'll trust you.

Reverend Humpy said...

Seriously. It's the best thing they've put out since "...And Justice For All." There's not a track on the entire album that is shorter than 5 minutes, and I defy you to find a radio-friendly track among them. Not to mention the fact that the All Music Guide calls this album "Kirk Hammett's Revenge." It's old-school Metallica with a 21st century polish. Definitely worth owning.

Dustin said...

A'ight, I'll take your word...just downloaded from iTunes and about to put it to the test. Rock on.

Dustin said...

Having listened through a few times, I have opinions...I'll blog in detail later this evening iffen you're curious.