Thursday, March 1, 2012

More poetry...

Greetings,

Sometimes I let my fingers off their leash and this kind of thing flies out. Take it as you may:

"America: The Beautiful?"


O beautiful, for spacious skies

Skyscrapers, smokestacks, smog, sulfur

For amber waves of grain

Corporate combines crawling, crushing

For purple mountains majesty

Landfills, landmines leaving leftovers

Above the fruited plains

Pesticides, pestilence, profit, purgatory

America, America! God shed His grace on thee

Hatred, hypocrisy, happenstance, hellfire

And crown thy good with brotherhood

Goddamn gays goddamn gynecologists

From sea to shining sea

Manifest massacre, misinformed misadventure




"Cookies"


Hey there, baby!
I got what you need.
You came into my store -
I got what you need.
You bought a stick of gum -
Do you want a soda with that?
Are you interested in receiving e-mails with special offers?

You searched for a pair of shoes -
Don't you think these shoes are nice?
You liked a post about Darwin -
Darwin books: Half-off!
You listened to the Rolling Stones -
Try some Jeff Beck - I'm a Genius, I should know
you better than yourself.

You thought about murder -
I can sell you seventeen ways to get away with it.
You thought about sex -
I know you did.
You thought about suicide -
Better buy one last pleasure before you go - you won't be needing
that money anyway,
Have you made your final arrangements?


You typed "re"(demption)
Did you mean "Redbox"?
Here are the new releases.
I got what you need.

No comments: