Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Okay, okay...

Greetings.

So the "Band of the Week" thing didn't work out so well. Apparently "grown-ups" don't have time to write silly music blog entries every day - unless they're getting paid to do it (which, sadly, I'm not). I am writing a bunch, though, and I've been inspired by my new potential friend, Bob Salsbury, to post the stuff I have. Hopefully some of you read it and get something meaningful out of it.

For today, here are some new lyrics I'm working on (this is only a first draft):

"Broken-Down Cliche"

When I think back on all the drugs I coulda' done
I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
When I think back on all the times I shoulda' won
I wonder why the hell I didn't lie.

All the things I thought I'd do,
It seems I gave 'em all up for you.
Now I'm left with half a life all lived and gone
And some broken down cliche's
Supposed to take these blues away
Guess I'll learn from my mistakes and carry on

Ain't nothin' in the world like bein' on a stage
I was sure I'd make it big someday
But I put all on hold and stepped inside your cage
Now I'd walk through hell just to play

If I had it to do again
I bet you'd wonder where I went
And I'd be halfway 'cross the state with my guitar
Another broken down cliche'
Livin' life from day to day
Even if it's only tips inside a jar

They say it ain't over 'till it's over
And I'm sure I've got some time to get things done
And I got a feeling I'll end up hungover
But at least I'l be able to say I had my fun

All the lines I never crossed
What I won and what I lost
All the what-ifs in the world won't save me now
Just a broken down cliche'
Keeps me goin' come what may
So when the curtain comes I guess I'll have to bow

No comments: