Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Obligatory Potpourri

Greetings.

Couldn't let the day pass without posting something. I have been posting during my break between classes each day, but today that time was devoted to re-writing the Blake essay... again. This was an attempt to get at least an A- out of a B paper.

I guess one of the orcas at Sea World Orlando killed a trainer today. This makes me very sad. As much as I know that these are wild animals and are wont to do things like this from time to time, I don't know whether I'll ever be able to enjoy a Shamu show again.

I put my foot in my mouth earlier today. I have a habit of being extraordinarily grumpy when I am first woken up, and today that habit got the best of me. My wife woke me up in a very sweet and loving way from a nap this afternoon so that I could go with her to a doctor's appointment. My response to this was something like "Wow, I'm really excited about getting up just so I can go sit in a waiting room." Yeah, that took a while to apologize for. Ooops.

Such is life.

I am the Reverend Humpy and I have approved this message.

1 comment:

Dustin said...

You really are a bitch when you wake up. That's true. Fortunately, your wife is awesome and will only require extra worship from you for a week or so to make it better.

A killer whale. a Killer Whale. A KILLER Whale. This is what happens when we put prehistoric beasts in a bowl to look at them. I feel bad for the trainer, because no doubt she felt genuine love for the beast. But you don't pick a career of dinosaur wrestling without real risk.