Thursday, January 12, 2012

Band of the Week: The Rolling Stones - Song #2: Start Me Up

Greetings.

Today's song is "Start Me Up." This song is just pure rock & roll. It sums up everything that's great about the Stones. I think, other than maybe "Satisfaction," this is probably the quintessential Stones song, too. I think I probably heard "Satisfaction" first, but this is definitely the first Stones song I remember hearing and saying, "Wow, this is just great music." It's got a great riff for a hook, lyrics that don't make much sense and are pretty much interchangeable, and an amazing danceable groove. What more could you ask for in a rock and roll song. This is one of about seven or eight Rolling Stones songs that my band does during our cover shows, and it ALWAYS gets 'em dancing. It's in the number two spot, because out of all the iconic Stones songs, its my favorite at the moment. I hope you enjoy:

No comments: