Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Times, They Are A-Changin'

Greetings,

In case anyone was curious what happened here, I have decided to re-vamp this blog. Starting in January, 2012, this blog will be mostly about music and literature, and any social commentary that arises here will be within the context of whatever music and/or literature I happen to be posting about. You probably noticed that I hadn't posted anything here in about six months, and honestly, that's because I'm tired of writing editorial essays about political nonsense and social justice and all of that nincompoopery. What I have become very interested in, on the other hand, is the expression of the human condition through art - namely music and literature.

I have loved music since before I was old enough to carry a tune (I'm convinced that my mother used to listen to Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side of the Moon" while she was pregnant with me). I also love literature (which makes sense - me being an English major and all). For the past few months, I have been posting songs from a select few artists that I love on Facebook in an alliterative fashion (i.e., Monday Morning (Iron) Maiden, Tragically (Hip) Tuesdays, etc.). Once I got a bit bored with that, the idea for the new format of the blog was born. I don't know exactly what the format will be, but I'm pretty sure that I will be picking a band/artist/author that I love each week, and choosing my five favorite works by that artist. Each weekday, I will feature one of those five works, and write a short rationale for why that particular work made the list.

My hope is, that by reading this blog, people who might not have otherwise been exposed to these artists will become acquainted with them, and that in so doing, the reader's lives will be a little more enriched.

Of course, with school demands, I might not be able to keep as regular a schedule as I've just described, but I hope that I can come close. Hopefully you'll come back and check it out once it's up and going.

Until next year,

I am the Reverend Humpy and I have approved this message.

No comments: