Monday, December 15, 2008

Sleep - or lack thereof...

Greetings,

Despite what the time and date settings on this blog say, I am typing this right now at 8:56am. I went to bed at 4:00am. My body is tired as hell, but my mind is wide awake. I just finished two weeks of graveyard shift at work, and tomorrow I have to go back to my normal swing shift. I hate this jet-lag feeling. I just want to go back to bed for about three hours, but I feel like I can't right now.

And it's cold outside. I don't know exactly how cold, but it can't be in the double digits on the Fahrenheit scale.

I am still waiting for the government to tell me how much money I can borrow for them to pay my tuition, buy my books, and buy my new MacBook.

I am still waiting for a new neck for one of my guitars that I paid for on November 22nd.

I am still waiting to win the Mega-Millions (though I forgot to buy a ticket for last Fridays drawing)

I feel like I am in this big holding pattern and it's very frustrating if I dwell on it - which is what happens when my mind is awake and my body wants to go back to bed.

I am going to try something that just came to me right now, though. Maybe it will work. As soon as I post this I am going to go try some Zen meditation techniques and if my mind starts thinking about any of the things that I am waiting on I am going to remind myself that those things are completely insignificant when contrasted with people who are waiting on much more important things - like cancer test results, layoff news, emergency loans to stave-off bankruptcy/foreclosure, etc. In the context of the current big picture, I haven't got it that bad at all.

I'll let you know if it works or not.

I am the Reverend Humpy and I have approved this message.

2 comments:

Dustin said...

Om.

Reverend Humpy said...

It almost worked. I still have much to learn. Oh well, at least maybe I gained a little perspective on things.